Was It easy to make? What can I say, it is almost foolproof! It is a matter of mixing all ingredients together and I seriously can't think of anything that could go wrong.
I made it while the children were asleep, and it was such a joy watching them wake up with that 'wow' look on their face. The cookies looks huge as they pop them in their mouth, but it doesn't seem to bother them at all!
Make 12 cookies
- 125g butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 25g caster sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, caster sugar, plain flour, cocoa powder and baking soda until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and yolks, mix until just combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix.
- Divide the dough to 12 pieces, Roll round and slightly flatten.
- Bake at preheated oven at 180℃ for 20 minutes. Lower the heat to 120℃ and bake another 10 minutes if you prefer crunchy cookies.