When I first heard about butter chicken, I thought to myself, 'This must be a very fattening dish. A stick of butter inside, maybe?'.
Turned out, I was wrong, but still glad about it! Why, you may ask? Because I love to eat butter chicken but doesn't want to expand my waistline further.
So, are you ready to 'butter' up yourself?
- 1 tbsp butter
- 500g chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp garam marsala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (stalk and leaves)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 200g tomato paste
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- some coriander leaves for garnish
- In a frying pan, heat up butter.
- Add onion and stir fry until soft and lightly brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, garam marsala and coriander powder and stir fry for another minute.
- Add chicken, chicken stocks, tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the gravy slightly thicken.
- Add yoghurt and cream, cook through.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.