Mothering fussy eaters is no mean feat. After spending whole afternoon preparing a special meal, the last thing you want is to watch the kiddos spitting out or frowning at the food.
If you have fussy eaters at home, you will know that food that please them today might ended up getting thrown all over the floor the next day. Their likings seems to be constantly changing and it is difficult to predict what they will want to eat. Therefore, I am constantly on the go in search for kids friendly recipes.
There will be times you feel defeated when the kid rejects all the food given. But, I always try to tell myself, ' It is my job to experiment on new food, and it is their job to experiment on their taste buds'. So, this is just part and parcel of being a mother, and of course, this stage shall pass.
If you are running out of idea what to prepare today, try this. So far, this is one of the most well-received dish by my fussy kiddos. They always ask for more!
Eat, drink, and be merry.
Salmon Potato Patty /Salmon Perkedel
- 600g salmon fillet, steamed and flaked
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onion, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- a pinch of salt
- few dashes of pepper
- corn starch, to coat
- ketchup, for dressing (optional)
- Mix ingredients (A) in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture into a table-tennis-ball-sized patties, flatten slightly with your palm.
- Coat patties with corn starch and deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot with ketchup (optional)