Make 6 standard size pretzel dogs / 18 mini pretzel dogs
- 5.5 oz water
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 280g all purpose flour
- 27g butter, unsalted
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 6 sausages, each cut into 3
- Mix the ingredients for dough together, knead well.
- Let the dough proof for one hour or until double in size.
- In a pot, boil 2 cups of water, add baking soda, set aside.
- Prepare the egg wash by mixing one yolk with one tbsp of water.
- Divide the dough to 18 portions.
Roll each portion of dough long, wrap the dough around the sausage and tuck the end in.
While the soda water still boiling hot, gently put the pretzel dog in the water. Let it stand for 30 seconds and then remove it from water with a fork. Place the pretzel dog on a baking sheet. Reheat the water if it has cooled down.
- Brush pretzel dog with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush melted butter over pretzel dog while still hot.
- 1/2 - 1茶匙盐