- 120ml whipping cream
- 2 heaping tablespoons nutella spread
- 3 egg yolk
- 20g sugar
- 34g vegetable oil
- 34g water
- 50g cake flour
- 10g cocoa powder
- 3g egg white
- 40g sugar
- Beat the chilled whipping cream until soft peak. Add in nutella spread and mix well. (Chill the mixer bowl and whisk if weather is hot)
- Beat egg yolk with 20g of sugar until thick and pale in color.
- Add water, sift in flour and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add in vegetable oil, Mix well.
- Beat egg white until frothy, add in 1/3 of the sugar and continue to beat. When the bubbles getting smaller, add another 1/3 of the sugar, continue to beat. When the whisk leave a trail behind, add the remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peak.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the meringue and fold gently.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool.
- Spread whipped cream over and roll the cake like swiss roll.
- Trim off the sides and cut a small piece from the end of the cake and place it on top of the 'log'.
- Spread the cream over the cake.
Use a fork to create the effect of a log.
- Decorate the cake as you like.