When the little ones first saw this bun, they refuse to eat it. Even kids judge the food by the look, sigh...
So I told them 'try it, it is crispy, like keropok (which they love so much), and the bread wear skirt (the cheese skirt I meant)!' Doubtfully, they tried it, and once they tried, they fell in love with this bun!
Tang Zhong Starter Dough
- 20g bread flour
- 95 ml water
- 200g bread flour
- 32g caster sugar
- 3g salt
- 3g milk powder
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 32g egg, beaten
- 23g whipping cream
- 20g fresh milk
- 19g unsalted butter
- 160g cream cheese, soften
- 30g icing sugar
- 80g grated parmesan cheese
- For Tang Zhong, mix water with bread flour and cook over low heat in a pot.
- Stir constantly until it reaches 65 degree celsius or when it thicken (the time when you can see the bottom of the pot when stirring).
- Let tang zhong cool to room temperature before use.
- Mix all the ingredients under 'bread dough' (including tang zhong) except the butter. Knead until smooth and elastic (around 10 minutes).
- Knead in butter until fully incorporated (around 5-10 minutes).
- Cover the dough (you can use a clingwrap or pastry cloth; if you have none of these, just put it in a pot and cover with the pot cover) and place it in a warm place to let it undergo the 1st proofing, about 1 hour.
- Place the dough onto a clean floured surface. Punch down and divide the dough into 8 portions.
- Mix together cream cheese and icing sugar until well combined.
- Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Wrap a portion of cream cheese fillings in each portion of dough.
- Let the dough undergo 2nd proofing until double in size.
- Egg wash the dough, sprinkle 10g of grated parmesan cheese on top and at the side of the bread.
- Baked at preheated oven at 190C for 15 minutes.
- 20 克 高筋面粉
- 95 ml水
- 200 克 高筋面粉
- 32 克細砂糖
- 3 克 盐
- 3 克 奶粉
- 32 克 全蛋液
- 23 克 忌廉（whipping cream 動物性鮮奶油）
- 19 克无盐牛油
- 30克 糖粉
- 80g Parmesan 乳酪