The ladies in our household love cheesecake; but for guys, not so much. Nevertheless, with the 'ladies power', we could finish a whole cheesecake in a matter of days.
- 93g caster sugar
- 4 egg white
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 33g butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 68g milk
- 40g cake flour
- 13g corn flour
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over low heat.
- Sift in cake flour and corn flour, mix well.
- Add in egg yolk and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Add in lemon juice and 1/3 sugar. Continue to whisk， add in the remaining sugar in 2 additions.
Continue to whisk until soft peak form.
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the meringue, fold gently.
- Pour into a 7 inch pan.
- Bake in water bath in preheated oven at 190C for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 110C and bake for another 55 minutes (each oven behave differently, please adjust accordingly for your oven).
- Leave to cook in oven with door ajar for about 30 minutes, before bringing the cake out of oven to let it cool on wire rack.