- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- In a mixing bowl, mix together oats, sifted flour, sugar, coconut, sunflower seeds and lemon juice.
- In a sauce pan, heat butter and golden syrup, cook over low heat until melted.
- Mix bicarbonate of soda with boiling water.
Combine together (1), (2), and (3), mix well. The dough will be rather crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 150 degree Celsius.
Take spoonfuls of mixture and place on baking sheets. Slightly press down and flatten the cookie dough to firm it up.
- Bake in the oven at 150 degree Celsius for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.