I love sour food. When making this, I was expecting the creamy tomato sauce to be as sour as the tomato soup that I always have from The Soup Spoon. Well, it certainly fell below my expectation of sourness. I was a tad disappointed, but everyone else in the family seems to love it! DG even commented this was better than a similar spaghetti he just had in a restaurant during lunch time.
So for the sake of others, I decided to share with you this simple spaghetti dish. It probably take less than 30 minutes to whip this up, perfect for a simple weeknight dinner.
Spaghetti in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 300g prawn, deshelled, tail-on
- 300ml cream
- 150g tomato puree
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 220g spaghetti
- to taste salt, pepper
- Cook spaghetti as per instruction on the packaging.
- In a pan, heat oil and stir fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add prawn and sautee till just cooked, remove prawn from pan and set aside.
- Add in cream and tomato puree, salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta and prawn, stir to combine.