The addition of potato in the bun makes it incredibly soft, just take a look at the texture of the donut, how fluffy it is! All right, forget the bun, I know your eyes are all set on the chocolate lava.
There can be many other variations too!
- 160g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 200g bread flour
- 15g milk powder
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 25g sugar
- 90g potato, thinly sliced , steamed for 15 minutes and mashed
- 41g water
- 24g egg
- 35g butter
- a pinch salt
- Mix all the dough ingredients and knead until smooth.
- Let the dough proof for 1.5 hours or until double in size.
- Roll out the dough and cut the dough with a round cutter.
- Let the dough proof for another 15 -30 minutes.
- In a pot, heat up enough oil and deep fry the donut until golden brown.
In a shallow pan or a double boiler, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Using a long thin stick or a straw, poke a hole from one end. Move the straw left and right to create a hole inside the donut.
Using a pointed piping tip, pipe in the chocolate.
- Dust icing sugar on top of the donut (or you can dust it earlier before piping in the chocolate).