Anyway, I was left with some pesto and Lyn was craving for noodle. I know instantly what I have to make - pesto meatball in Napoletana Sauce. There is only one problem - Lyn seldom like store-bought tomato based pasta sauce. Well, who needs a reminder that she is a super fussy eater? So, this was her first time trying Alce Nero Organic Tomato Sauce Napoletana, and guess what? I am soooo glad that she love it! The pasta sauce is not overwhelmed with too many herbs but lavished with delightful fragrant from basil. Just the perfect balance between the herbs and tomatoes that I am looking for!
You just need to brown the surface.
Else you can bake it.
It takes a little longer to brown in the oven, bake in preheated oven at 200℃ for 15 minutes.
Now add the Alce Nero Organic Tomato Sauce Napoletana and oregano. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 300g ground meat (beef or pork)
- 3 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Pesto with Antichoke
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs (homemade with one slice of bread or store-bought)
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 sprigs fresh / 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 tsp salt
- few dashes pepper
- 1 bottle Alce Nero Organic Tomato Sauce Napoletana (350g)
- 1/5 tsp dried oregano
- Mix ingredients A, divide to 12 equal portions and form balls.
- In a nonstick pan, heat up enough oil to cover around 1/2 cm height of the pan and pan fry meatball to brown the surface.
- Drain away the oil.
- Add in ingredients B, let it simmer covered on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve meatball over pasta. Garnish with parsley.
- 3汤匙Alce Nero Organic Pesto with Antichoke
- 4汤匙面包屑 (用一片面包自制或买现成品）
- 1瓶 Alce Nero Organic Tomato Sauce Napoletana (350g)
- Make sure you are a member of Singapore Home Cooks 新加坡家庭美食分享 (a Facebook closed group). If not, join now!
- Like and Share this post (please share in public so that I can see it! You must be a member of Singapore Home Cooks 新加坡家庭美食分享 first before you can see this post)