Makes one roll
- 2 eggs, yolks and white separated
- 226g / 1/2lb frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, grated
- 115g / 4oz cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 100g / 3.5oz smoked salmon
- Blend spinach, egg yolks and nutmeg until smooth.
- Beat egg white, together with one teaspoon of lemon juice until stiff.
Fold spinach puree into egg white. Pour it on a baking sheet (I used a 9 inch x 10 inch baking sheet). Spread to even out the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes until the spinach turn a bit darker in color.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese with the rest of lemon juice, mix with a fork until spreading consistency (if the cream cheese is still too stiff to spread, can add a bit of milk).
- Remove the spinach layer from oven, allow to cool.
- Carefully peel off the spinach from baking paper.
Spread cream cheese on top.
Layer smoked salmon.
- Roll it up like swiss roll.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting.