Nasi Kuning/ Yellow Rice for Nasi Tumpeng
- 2 cup (300g) uncooked white rice
- 380 ml coconut milk (or 200ml thick coconut milk mix with 180ml water)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (grated)
- 2 stalk lemongrass, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 lime leaves
- a pinch of salt
- Wash and rinse the rice, discard the water
- Steam the rice for around 25 minutes
- In a pot, bring coconut milk, turmeric, lemongrass, bay leaves, lime leaves, and salt to a boil.
- Add in the half cooked rice, stir to mix well.
- Steam the rice again for 30 minutes.