- 10 sponge fingers (savoiardi)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder for dusting
- 250g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Marsala or Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- 150 ml espresso, room temperature
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- Combine mascarpone, vanilla extract, Marsala and icing sugar. Whisk until well corporated.
Spread a layer of mascarpone mixture in the container.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the coffee, quickly remove it from the coffee before it gets too soggy. Top the mascarpone mixture with just enough sponge fingers (if needed, break the sponge fingers to fit the size of the container).
- Dust cocoa powder on top using a fine sieve.
- Repeat step (2) thru (4) until almost reach the top of the container.
- The final layer should be mascarpone mixture. Top the mascarpone mixture with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.