Siam Kitchen

I used to frequent Siam Kitchen as there was one nearby my previous staying place. The last time I came, I felt that the quality had somehow deteriorated. I wasn't sure if it was a one-time event, so I decided to give it a try again. 

Mix vegetable with tofu in signature sauce ($8.9)
If you are a tofu lover, you would agree that egg tofu is usually flavorful and silky soft, even though after fried. For this dish, the vegetable was fine but the tofu turned out mushy and bland. Understandably, we all took a bite and couldn't help but shaking our heads.

Mix vegetable with tofu in signature sauce

Hot and sour omelette curry with prawns ($10.9) 
Have you ever had a food that looked so different yet tasted so familiar? It took me a while to realise that this curry tasted like my favorite penang laksa. An interesting twist on this dish was the omelette, it was stuffed with acacia pennata. I think this was the only dish I like at the table.

Hot and sour omelette curry with prawns

Stir-fried kai lan with salted fish ($8.9)
A simple green for some fiber.

Stir-fried kai lan with salted fish

BBQ stingray with Thai sambal ($14)
The stingray didn't taste fresh, and the meat was kind of tough and chewy, as some would say 'logo'. We were expecting those BBQ stingray in Chinese Tze Char style but this was nothing like it. The sambal tasted just like plain chilli, we couldn't taste any belacan, shallot or other ingredients that usually attributed to a BBQ style sambal. Another round of shaking heads again. 


BBQ stingray with Thai sambal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...